Here is a nourishing and delicious addition to the lunchbox - both yours and the kids!
One of my new favourites and for only a few minutes work, you can't beat that!
Ditch the expensive and processed bars, slices and snacks and instead enjoy a far more delicious slice that will keep your energy firing and hunger at bay for hours.
Having worked on a new regular in my (and your!) snack line up, this recipe has been fine tuned and can be made as a gluten-free variety as well.
Feel free to get creative and play around with the ingredients; for any intolerances as well; though just stick to the same quantities and you should be fine.
This recipe is raw and as such sets in the freezer though can be stored in the fridge. If you take a chiller bag to work, or send the kids with the same, then great and if not they will still taste delicious!
Enjoy this one guys and I would love to know your thoughts if you give it a go!
- ¼ cup sunflower kernels
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup dried mulberries
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ½ cup combined almonds and walnuts
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with
3 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp macadamia oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes or dessicated (without preservatives)
- 1 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
- ½ cup raw oats (optional)
- Pop all ingredients in a food processor
- Whizz away until combined though still chunky
- Pour/scrape mixture into loaf tin
- Set in freezer overnight
- Remove from the tin and slice into desired portions
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks