Y'all love the idea of easy and nutritious snacks that can be made in advance and enjoyed on the go! I don't blame you, me too!
This recipe is such an easy way to add a nutritious and sweet snack to your day, even if you're looking to add some variation to the mix!
Enter.... Raw Salted Caramel Protein Balls.
As good, if not better, than they sound and I hope will be enjoyed the next time that you need a little snack that also does wonders fuelling your body! Especially because eating regularly is a core aspect of being in tune with, and respectful of your body's needs. There's no prizes for ignoring your hunger!
This recipe is gluten-free, super simple and can easily be vegan should you use a quality rice or pea protein powder.
Don't be put off by the salt... it's incredible! This recipe is the one that I make for events (and at home!) and they never fail to impress so give them a try for yourself!
Plant or animal based proteins, go with what you feel like and respects your needs.
However, these balls are easily made without the protein powder so don't feel that you need to add it. In fact, many of us consume more than enough protein so be smart and keep it unique to your needs. And if you need a hand figuring that out via a non-diet approach, I'd love to support you.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- 15 small Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas
- 2 tablespoons water
- Good crack/pinch of salt
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
- Extra coconut for rolling
- Blend cashews first in a food processor until in chunk-form
- Add all other ingredients and blend until formed
- Pour extra coconut into a bowl
- Roll mixture into small balls and coat in the bowl of dessicated coconut
- Freeze to set and enjoy
- These balls will last in your freezer for months and are equally delicious if stored in the fridge, once set