You guys love the idea of easy and nutritious snacks that can be made in advance and enjoyed on the go!
This recipe is such an easy way to add more protein, fats and quality carbohydrates in your diet, is delicious and also helps you avoid the post-refined-sugar slump of processed, off-the-shelf snacks.
There's power in knowing exactly what goes into the food you eat.
Enter.... Raw Salted Caramel Protein Balls.
As good, if not better, than they sound and I hope will be enjoyed the next time that you need a little snack that also does wonders fuelling your body!
This recipe is gluten-free, super simple and can easily be vegan should you use a quality rice or pea protein powder.
Don't be put off by the salt... it's incredible! This recipe is the one that I make for events (and at home!) and they never fail to impress so give them a try for yourself!
Plant or animal based proteins, go with what you feel like. Should you choose whey – go with a clean and unprocessed whey protein isolate (WPI), the options are varied though this is the awesome product I use.
However, these balls are easily made without the protein powder so don't feel that you need to add it. In fact, many of us consume more than enough protein so be smart and keep it unique to your needs.
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup dessicated coconut (without preservatives)
- 15 small Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas
- 2 tablespoons water
- Good crack/pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (optional)
- 1 scoop of quality protein powder (optional)
- Extra coconut for rolling
- Blend cashews first in a food processor until in chunk-form
- Add all other ingredients and blend until formed
- Pour extra coconut into a bowl
- Roll mixture into small balls and coat in the bowl of dessicated coconut
- Freeze to set and enjoy
- These balls will last in your freezer for months and are equally delicious if stored in the fridge, once set