You know how it goes.
Eat more green vegetables for optimal health.
We’ve been hearing that message since we were kids and I’m not going to be the one to say differently because it’s certainly true.
When you choose to juice your green vegetables there are some top tips to remember:
- If you wouldn’t sit down to eat 1kg of kale, then perhaps don’t drink it
- Be mindful of balancing the vegetables with just the right amount of fruit
- Don’t feel intimidated by green juices
- Drink the juice immediately as with regular juicing there is no shelf life
For anyone that follows my Instagram or Facebook you will know that I’m certainly a fan of drinking my greens though that wasn’t always the case. However over time I figured out the perfect entry level green juice – not too green, not too sweet, not too expensive! Even hubby likes it…
The inclusion of coconut water means that this juice will be super hydrating and you may like to enjoy it in the morning or the afternoon. If you find it too sweet for you, feel free to cut back to using 1/2 an apple or even less as you go though this combo is super duper delicious and nourishing just as it is!
I use a Breville Juice Fountain which here in Australia runs around the $250 price tag. If this isn’t in your budget, no doubt there are some other options out there or like me, you could be fortunate enough to receive it as a requested gift when birthdays or Christmas roll around…
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 spinach leaves
- 1 green apple
- ½ cucumber
- ½ lemon, peeled
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 small knob ginger, peeled (optional)
- Wash and prepare ingredients
- Using appropriate settings per ingredient, juice, add coconut water and serve immediately
Enjoy the deliciousness of this recipe and share the love with someone else who might want to try it too!