I do a lot of recipe development.
I often feel like a mad scientist (except without the mad part); mixing this, combining that, testing varying flavours and amounts of ingredients until they’re just right.
It’s become a cornerstone of my business and brand, working with fabulous clients to create what their clients need and are looking for. It’s been a wonderful experience; challenging and fun at the same time.
No matter who I’m developing a recipe for though, that same eureka moment is just as awesome. When I establish the right balance of flavours, prep time and simplicity, it’s as if the stars have all aligned, like magic. I feel incredibly fortunate to do such wonderfully creative and rewarding work, knowing that my skills can practically delight and enrich someone else’s life.
Pretty damn cool….
This recipe is exactly that and don’t be thinking just because it’s a fritter, that it’s limited to breakfast, as this kind of goodness can be eaten at any time of day – believe me.
I set out to create this one a few months back as I was looking for an all-day suitable meal that utilised nourishing greens and satisfying carbohydrates on the same plate. A dish that was simple, delicious and would lend itself to all tastes. I loved this one from the word, go!
For anyone who owns my eBooks, you’ll know well my philosophy of – eat well look good feel great – that food is our primary health care and the best kind of preventative medicine.
Don’t outsource cooking and your health.
Rather, enjoy delicious and incredible food that isn’t complicated or out of your reach.
As well as being simple, quick and delicious; this recipe will leave you satisfied and nourished. The spinach and herbs provide a good dose of antioxidant-packed greens, whilst the eggs and quinoa flour provide protein for fuel and lastly the avocado and butter offer nourishing fats that will keep you feeling full long after the meal is finished.
This dish tastes amazing and even I found it hard to stuff it up (I’ve never been a solid flipper!) so I just know that you’re going to love it.
- 1⁄4 small red onion, finely diced (+1/4
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ⅔ heaped cup quinoa flour
- Salt & pepper
- Butter to cook
- 1 avocado, scooped out and diced
- 1⁄2 punnet cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat butter in a large frypan on medium-high heat
- Add onion and spinach, cooking until wilted, set aside
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl
- Add in the parsley, quinoa flour and salt & pepper to taste
- Combine well to a batter
- Add the cooked spinach and onion to this mixture
- Re-butter frypan on medium-high heat
- Once hot, spoon mixture onto pan cooking a few minutes this side
- Flip carefully and cook through, repeating with rest of batter
- Combine remaining onion, avocado, tomato, lime and coriander
- Coat with lime juice, season to taste & serve with fritters
If you love this recipe please share it far and wide!