I can count (on many) hands, the number of quiches I've made over the years. Each time however, there's been something I wanted to tweak, refine, change altogether.
This post won't be long because there's little to say other than yum, wow and yum.
This dish was the kind just begging to be photographed, blogged, and yes, eaten.
So what's the deal with this quiche then? Why is it so worthy of your time?
First of all, it's gluten-free and possesses a seriously incredible almond meal base/crust. One which holds together beautifully and smells amazing simply when blind baked.
(Don't worry if you have no idea what that is.)
Secondly, the filling is a balance of flavour and ooziness. So much in fact that writing about it makes me want more.
Whip this up for a weekend brunch or midweek dinner and enjoy leftovers at work - just be wary of envious co-workers...
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cold
- 5 heaped cups baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup fetta
- Mixed leaves
- Sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to dress
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (electric)
- Grease a 25cm pie tray/dish
- Peel and finely chop garlic cloves
- Mix together almond meal, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper
- Add water and oil combining well
- Press mixture into pie dish
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden
- With 10 minutes remaining on crust, heat a frypan on med-high heat
- Add oil
- Once hot, add spinach and cook until wilted
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Whisk together eggs, milk ,salt and pepper
- Stir through crumbled fetta and cooled spinach
- Remove quiche crust from oven
- Pour filling onto crust and place back in the oven
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm to touch
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve with dressed leaves and/or tomato salad
This recipe is the last one on the blog, for a little while, as I give all of my energy to something very special.
Over the past few months, I've been bringing together the countless lessons and wisdom that I've gained on my journey to thriving, to guide you on your PATH TO WHOLEFOODS.
I'm so excited and proud to be launching this out into the world next week and kicking off the live eCourse September 24th.
I'll be along for the ride, every incredible and challenging step of the way.
I won't say any more for now though be sure to check your inbox next week for a very special announcement.
If you're not a member of my tribe, head here right now and prepare to feel awesome!
The gorgeous ceramics you see in this post were kindly borrowed from Chuchu. You can check out their amazing wares here.