This is only the second recipe on my site featuring bacon.
As a predominantly plant-based eater I guess I feel somewhat weird about posting such things but... I do love bacon.
Only last year did this newfound love launch and it was born from sampling real bacon. Quality meat, cured and prepared with skill and respect, cooked with love. What a difference!
Despite the title of this post, let it be known that the bacon in this recipe is completely optional.
If it's not your jam - simply leave it out. I have and the recipe is still delicious!
This recipe is absolutely winning for a quick breakfast in the morning.
My hubby was a HUGE fan when I last made them.
Plus they taste great as leftovers so enjoy them cold and in a flash before your workday.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup milk (almond works well)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 9 bacon rashers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (electric)
- Grease muffin tray well
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk well
- Finely chop onion and herbs
- Add to eggs with cheese, milk and seasoning
- Combine well
- If using bacon, wrap muffin holes with rashers
- Fill muffin holes with mixture to just under the rim
- Bake for 15 mins until eggs are just set
- Serve with avocado for breakfast or on the go as a snack
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Enjoy these and remember to make the recipe work for you, in your life. Only have basil in the house, use it!