Raw energy balls are absolutely a fave category of recipes on this website and I'm not surprised. Sweet, yummy, nourishing and easy to make. What's not to love? And these real food bursts of energy that I've created just in time for Valentine's Day are no exception.
I've been loving hazelnuts more than usual lately and wanted to team them up with chocolate (always a good idea!) and the most romantic of all flower essences - rosewater.
Creating these energy balls reminded me of:
- Just how simple it is to make them
- How well they store [I like mine in the freezer], and
- How awesome and practical it is to have ready-made treats on hand!
I know you too will love them, whether you're planning to enjoy them solo, share with a loved one, bestie or the whole office! They'll certainly love you forever...
Raw Hazelnut, Cacao & Rose Energy Balls
Author: Nadia Felsch
- 13 Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw cashews (150g)
- ⅓ cup roasted hazelnuts (50g)
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut (25g)
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder/ ½ teaspoon quality extract
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pit dates
- Add with all ingredients to a food processor
- Blitz until well combined and a dough-like ball forms
- Roll into small or regular-sized balls
- Refrigerate for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months
If the mixture isn't combining and is too dry, add ½ tablespoon water at a time until it comes together.
Why not share the love this Valentine's Day and send this recipe to a friend?
Join my tribe below and receive this kind of goodness delivered straight to your inbox because ain't nobody got time for searching...