Forever my go-to breakfast.
It’s how I kick off my day.
And one of the delicious ways that I feed my gut bacteria. How I include both regular and prebiotic fibres in my diet.
With gut health being such a hot topic in all kinds of circles, I urge you to become better informed about the facts and not succumb to good marketing.
And you can expect a full run down on this in an upcoming blog post. Educated. Informed. Up-to-date research. Practical.
In the meantime, this recipe is an easy any-time-of-day option that quite literally feeds your healthy gut bacteria.
Featuring the nutritionally-developed, gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and seriously tasty loaf that I spent years creating and brought to the wider public in 2016.
This delicious loaf contains over 10.3g of fibre (including prebiotic fibres) in every single slice and is something I’m incredibly proud to have created! Use it however you like and know that you’re doing your gut – and body – a huge favour just by enjoying it! Adding avocado provides an extra hit of fibre too so that’s a win-win.
FYI – you’ll also be enjoying 7.5g protein/slice too! I know what’s going on and love making this important nutrition even easier for you.
- 4 slices Nut and Seed Loaf
- 2 small red radishes
- ½ large avocado
- 2 tbsp goat’s cheese
- ¼ cup micro greens/snow pea sprouts
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-4 fried eggs
- Grill or toast loaf slices on both sides until crispy
- Wash and finely slice radish
- Peel and dice avocado
- Once grilled, smear goat’s cheese on toast slices
- Top with radish, avocado and greens
- Splash with olive oil and season to taste
- Serve warm alongside fried eggs