Energy Balls. Bliss Balls. Protein Balls.
Buzzing around for years and yet still amazing. My thoughts on that? When done well, bliss balls are a great source of valuable nutrition, conveniently ready for you and couldn’t be easier to make yourself.
Besides, I’m yet to find a $4 bought option that tastes as good as these….
To put it simply: these taste like the chocolate hazelnut product (that I can’t name for trademark purposes) and that is famous the world over.
Tastes like it, though the similarities end there.
This recipe can be relied upon for energy-providing carbohydrates (and is a go-to pre-workout snack for me!), is rich in fibre, protein and a good source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 healthy fats.
All you need is a handful of ingredients and a food processor. Until I bring out my own line of mixes that is, and you can simply open the pack and go! I recently catered these energy balls to a bunch of corporate bankers with serious chocolate love and a slight disdain for healthy options. Needless to say, they were a smash hit even from the biggest doubters!
The recipe is vegan, gluten and refined sugar-free. It’s beyond simple and essentially you just need to make it now.
These energy balls are my go-to pre-workout snack.
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tsp water
- Process nuts in a food processor until crumb-like
- Pit dates
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor
- Process until the mixture combines together in a ball-like clump
- Should you require more water, add slowly ½ tsp at a time
- Once combined, remove blade from the processor for safety
- Roll into 21 small balls
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for 7 days or store in the freezer for up to 3 months