This is a recipe that ticks off a whole heap of boxes.
- The ‘too tired and uninspired’ box.
- The ‘don’t know what to cook’ box.
- The ‘I want something yummy, nourishing and fast’ box.
- The ‘can use whatever I’ve got at home’ box.
Not bad for one little recipe right?
I’m a huge fan of recipes that can be bent to suit whatever you’ve got and/or prefer.
For instance, someone commented on Facebook when I shared this, that they’d like to swap onions for olives. Perfecto! Maybe you’d prefer ricotta cheese? No cheese? More veggies? No ham and chicken instead?
There are no rules.
Just enjoy having a yummy idea to rely on and make your own!
This recipe is also a first for me.
It doesn’t really contain amounts.
What? How does that work?
I want you to use the ingredients as flavour inspiration.
And then find what works for you.
Eating nutritiously and taking care of yourself isn’t prescriptive and certainly not the same for everyone.
See how much pasta I recommend below?
I know this is different. Try it. And to learn more about Intuitive Eating (what this whole concept is), check out this post.
- Amount of cooked pasta that you need to feel satisfied
- Spoonful of pesto
- Chopped ham
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Chopped marinated artichoke
- Finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chopped bocconcini
- Chopped baby spinach leaves
- Pepper, to taste
- Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Coat pasta well with pesto in a bowl
- Add remaining ingredients
- Drizzle olive oil to serve
Double and make enough for tomorrow!