It's not uncommon to loathe clothes shopping. Or to go through everything in the wardrobe and nothing looks good. And yet, we're not stuck with this. In this episode we'll explore a radical new way to try on clothes, how it feels to wear clothes that fit and how this all impacts our body image. I also answer a listener question on affirmations to use when navigating the idea that your healthy body needs to look any one way.
This episode explores:
- body respect as it relates to wearing clothes
- the ideas we have about clothes and our bodies
- a radical new way to try on clothes
- how to organise your wardrobe to better serve you
- the difference this all makes to your body image
- The tweet
- The radical method of trying on clothes - your free download
- Categories to sort your wardrobe - fits well and keeping / doesn’t fit and needs replacing / doesn’t fit and donating/selling/throwing out
- Seeking professional support
- Virgie Tovar on The Body Protest podcast and her IG
- Affirmations from the listener Q&A // My body is different from others and that’s because body diversity is normal and beautiful // Taking care of my body means listening to it and honouring its needs // Restricting my body is pain for my body. Honouring my body is love for my body.
- Food and Body Freedom Facebook community