How's your relationship to movement? Do you dislike it? Do you grin and bear it? Feel guilty for missing it? Not feel able to rest? Worry if it's fun that it doesn't count?
Movement as sold to us by diet culture is binary and full of shame which translates to a limited experience for us as individuals.
This episode explores:
- the underpinning diet culture driven and toxic narrative of exercise
- how shame and the binary perspective limits our experience
- what could movement be without that limit
- what The Biggest Loser has to do with this toxicity
- navigating gym culture and fitness messaging
- where to begin with intuitive movement
- the power of cumulative exercise