Do you see yourself reflected in fitness spaces? In sport? Adventuring? Have you ever? And what do you internalise about your presence in those spaces because of that?How about variations in movement? Have you been offered them? Do you view them as normal? Can all bodies be athletic bodies?
This episode explores:
- why being in spaces changed everything even when her weight didn't change
- the parallels between movement and eating - hint * intuition and tuning in to your needs
- preserving this one body we have
- why all bodies can be athletic bodies
- what physical fitness provides us beyond weight change/control
- the importance and universality of variations in movement
- how limited representation impacts limited access to activities for some bodies and how small steps add up!
- Kanoa's IG, online fitness classes and plus-size retreats
- Food and Body Freedom Facebook community