"I just don't have time to eat a good breakfast."
Do you have 5 minutes?
Even if you don't, my hope is that after reading this recipe, you will want to make that time...
Bircher muesli is one of those incredibly satisfying breakfast dishes that are so easy to pull together, it seems too good to be true. Think of this dish like overnight oats, really really good overnight oats.
You can feel confident that this recipe is nourishing, delicious and super duper good for you.
To save time and effort (plus add loads of flavour!) I decided to create this bircher recipe with a twist and use my Killer Muesli in place of regular oats as most bircher recipes would call for. If you haven't made the muesli, oats would be super yummy as well.
As this is such a simple breakfast to prepare, my tip to you would be to make a larger batch. That way you have a delicious breakfast ready to go in the morning. Makes life that little bit sweeter....
Enjoy this little bit of breakfast deliciousness, one that will keep you going all morning!
- ½ cup Killer Muesli or rolled oats
- ½ orange, squeezed
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon orange rind, finely chopped
- Extra yoghurt to serve
- ½ green apple, finely sliced, to serve
If using oats add 1 teaspoon each of your choice of nuts, seeds & dried fruit. This could include any combination of ingredients like pepitas, sunflower seeds, chopped
- almonds, goji berries, coconut flakes, sultanas, dried mulberries, chia seeds and chopped walnuts.
- Mix muesli (or oats combo) with orange juice, yoghurt, orange rind and cinnamon
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, add the extra yoghurt and serve with the apple