Seasons and drinks.
That’s a thing right? It’s not just me?
As in, drinking hot tea during our harsh Aussie summers?
Or drinking iced drinks in cold winters?
Warming up with warm drinks in the cooler months and cooling down with cold drinks in the warmer months makes complete sense to me.
So with that in mind, and Christmas around the corner, I wanted to bring you a super festive looking and simply delicious iced tea recipe.
Now of course, you can go bananas and make this gorgeous drink whenever you like however it will certainly be keeping me cool this summer.
I attempted to make this tea with the least number of ingredients that I could and ensure it was adaptable to other preferences and product availability.
So although I use rosehip tea, you could use your fave herbal blend instead. Sweeten with the fruit that you currently have in season so perhaps for you that’s berries instead of stone fruit.
Either way, just make it. It’s ace.
- 1L water
- 4 teabags/4 teaspoons loose
leaf rosehip tea
- 1 teaspoon honey/maple syrup (optional)
- 1 peach
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 cups sparkling water, or as
preferred to serve
- Ice, to serve
- Boil water and add tea to brew
- Steep for 5-10 minutes as preferred
- Remove teabags or leaves
- Add optional honey to the tea and stir until well dissolved
- Allow tea to cool down completely (potentially in the freezer or fridge)
- Wash and cut fruit into segments
- Wash mint and keep as stalk
- Once cooled, add fresh fruit segments and fresh mint to tea
- Add sparkling water to serve over ice
Perfect for a BBQ, picnic or to simply have in the fridge!
Make it, enjoy it and share it!
Merry Christmas xoxo