The title of this recipe says it all (almost).
It's easy. It's green. It's veggies. And it's soup.
Add to it that this recipe is so great to batch cook. It makes 4-6 serves and even if you're cooking for one, you could divide the serves and freeze some for later.
A valuable core idea behind Intuitive Eating Food Prep. Find my guide to that here.
- 1 leek, white part only
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 medium whole broccoli
- 2 medium zucchinis
- ½ large bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 750mL chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Greek yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Finely slice leek
- Roughly chop cauliflower and broccoli
- Wash and roughly chop zucchinis
- Chop parsley
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat
- Whilst still cold, add oil and crush in garlic
- Add leek and bring all to heat
- Cook until fragrant and starting to soften
- Add remaining vegetables and cook for several minutes until starting to soften
- Add stock, parsley and season to taste
- Bring to the boil and lower to simmer for 20-25 minutes until vegetables completely soften
- Remove from heat and blend either using a hand blender or blender in batches
- Add a spoonful of Greek yoghurt per bowl to serve
Vegans – leave off the yoghurt and substitute chicken for vegetable stock.