Froyo also known as frozen yoghurt and a craze that even if going by a new name these days, has been a delicious treat for as long as I can remember. Except that the one I remember had a few more ingredients than this recipe. As do most things if I'm honest being that this one contains 2 ingredients.
Yes. 2 ingredients.
Mango Froyo (in this case) = mango + yoghurt frozen.
Now that mango season has hit in Australia and with some varieties available until April, it's a great opportunity to enjoy this tasty and nutritious fruit. If you're keen to learn more about mango nutrition and try another delicious mango recipe, you can check these out.
I've been enjoying whipping these up once a week and enjoying in our house when the mood strikes!
- 3 medium-sized mangoes
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- Peel mangoes and remove all flesh
- Place in a blender and process until smooth
- Pour into ice block moulds until roughly ¾ full
- Add yoghurt to each mould
- Using a knife or paddle pop stick gently stir the contents of each mould to provide a 'marble' effect
- Place cover over the moulds if relevant and place paddle pop sticks into each mould
- Set in the freezer for at least 4 hours
If you struggle to get your blocks out when you're ready to eat, simply run your chosen mould under hot water to help remove.