Are you a snacker?
Do you tend to find snacks too hard? Boring? Easier to buy something?
Whether it be for your mid-morning, afternoon or weekend snack try these delicious muesli bars. Packed full of energy and quality fats in the form of oats, nuts, seeds & eggs. They're also made from everyday ingredients that you may already have at home.
I've been making these bars for 4 years and I'm still not done with them.
These muesli bars are simple to make and great for (big) kids as well! I often make these quickly on a weekend whilst prepping lunch or dinner and by the time I'm done with that, these guys are ready - it really is that simple. Slice into bars and you're set for the week, organised and confident. Plus you can virtually use any ingredient you like - which I'm always about.
They're packed full of energy and quality fats in the form of oats, nuts, seeds & eggs.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup raw walnuts or macadamias, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C (electric)
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Whisk eggs in the bowl and and stir the mixture all together to combine
- Line chosen baking dish with greaseproof paper
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Allow the loaf to cool and cut into single servings
- Store in an airtight container and consume within 1 week
Experiment and swap in other ingredients i.e. different nuts or seeds and just keep the same quantity.