The title of this recipe requires little elaboration.
I first had the idea to create these banana bread donuts because it seems the world is a little crazy for donuts with stores and brands opening all over the place and because we all love banana bread. Especially us Aussies....
The banana bread base for this recipe can be found here.
To make these donuts, you'll require a silicon donut mould. I found mine on eBay for a few dollars.
With this recipe, you can look forward to enjoying something tasty and healthy or maybe impressing others with your healthy and masterful baking skills without the burnt mess (that ends up in the bin!), random ingredients that sit in the pantry (to also end up in the bin!), or nightmare scenario of careful measuring with no pay-off!
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder (30g)
- 30mL melted coconut oil
- 1 ¼ tablespoons melted cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash of salt, to taste
- Pour banana bread mix/batter evenly into a silicon donut mould
- Bake at temperature for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through
- Whilst baking, gently combine cacao powder and melted coconut oil in a mixing bowl over warm water
- Add cacao butter, honey and salt
- Continue to combine together until smooth and glossy
- Keep chocolate bowl over warm water
- Once cooked, place donuts on a wire rack over a tray to top with chocolate
- Serve straight away and/or store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week