I feel that this simple recipe ticks a lot of boxes that I feel matter.
Easy. Tasty. Versatile. Convenient.
You could simply make the base and use it with any any protein you choose (eggs, fish, meat, cheese, beans) or make it the hero of your meal. You could for instance use it for dinner with one protein option and switch that up for the leftovers at lunch. Explore what suits you best. That is after all the core of a healthy and supportive relationship to food.
This recipe makes one serving +/- as needed and is very much not the only amount to eat. You'll find out what you need by exploring it.
- 1 medium cucumber, finely diced
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix well
- Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste
- Should you wish to use as leftovers, consider dressing and seasoning to serve
Can serve alongside any protein - eggs, meat, fish, beans, cheese
Can add legumes - i.e. lentils, cannellini beans
Can add fetta or grilled haloumi
Can add avocado
Delicious with felafels and hummus too