There's so many harmful narratives around diabetes. Your weight and your diet cause it right? And you can reverse it? What about pre-diabetes? Counting carbs? In this episode, Registered Dietitian and diabetes specialist Erin Phillips and I, explore this including:
This episode explores:
- The harmful and incorrect narrative especially around type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes
- Is diabetes type 2 really reversible?
- We talk about diabetes management and taking care as disordered eating recommendations
- How that relates to chronic stress and adverse metabolic impact
- Do you have to count carbs?
- Pre-diabetes - is it a thing? What does it mean?
- If your needs aren't being met with your current care - then what?
- Erin's IG and website
- Erin's post exploring the 'diabetes prevention' study
- Ragen Chastain's resource for what to say at the doctor's office
- Food and Body Freedom Facebook community