How does your 'good girl' conditioning show up? Smile sweetly? Act pleasantly? Be agreeable? Don't be too much? Conform to beauty standards? As shared in a social media post by Alissa Rumsey, "women are socialised to not be ourselves" and it impacts so many areas of our lives. Including our relationship to food and body.
This episode explores:
- examples of explicit teaching and implied in this space of good girl conditioning
- how this relates specifically to chronic dieting, disordered eating and eating disorders
- how good girl conditioning may have been helpful
- how Alissa sees her life may have been different without this conditioning
- where to begin exploring this for yourself